Arctic front nearing Hillsborough | News
Hillsborough County, FL - An arctic front is heading to the Bay area, including a Hard Freeze Watch in effect for Hillsborough and all surrounding counties except Pinellas.
* Lake Wind Advisory in effect this afternoon into the evening. Sustained winds of 20mph likely with higher gusts on area lakes.
* High Surf Advisory in effect this afternoon through Tuesday. 5 to 8 foot surf expected with offshore waves of 10 to possibly 15 feet. Dangerous rip currents likely.
* Small Craft Advisory in effect through Tuesday. Seas build today to 5 - 8 feet then 9 - 12 feet tonight through Monday. Slow improvements into Tuesday.
* Gale Warning in effect for offshore waters out 20 nautical miles and beyond. Winds increase to 25 - 35 kts with gusts over 40 kts. Seas 10 - 15 feet.
* Wind Chill Advisory in effect late tonight through Monday. At times, it will feel like it's in the 20s to mid 30s in the bay area and into the teens for areas to the north.
* Hard Freeze Watch in effect for all counties except Pinellas. Pinellas County is under a Freeze Watch. Both of these watches could be upgraded to a warning late today or tonight. Temperatures will likely bottom out around 22 - 32 in the Hard Freeze Watch Monday night with warmest readings near the bay. 31 - 39 for Pinellas County Monday night.
Morning sunshine followed by a band of rain moving in. Areas to the north will see the rain arrive by later in the morning. Midday for areas around the Tampa Bay then afternoon to the south and southeast. Temperatures reach 64 - 71 before the rain arrives.
Windy SW winds 15 - 25 mph ahead of the front then NW 15 - 30 mph behind the front.
Mostly cloudy with a 20% chance of sprinkles or a few showers. Lows 39 - 46 bay area... 32 - 38 to the north.
Patchy cloudiness with a few breaks of sun. 30% sprinkles or light showers. Wildcard: Very slight chance to see a frozen pellet or two up north. Highs 48 - 53 except 45 - 49 to the north.